|1.||A few people have taken advantage of lenient company policies regarding~|
|2.||~ we must all now conform to tougher regulations.|
|3.||~ we are asking all department supervisors to help us enforce these new rules.|
|1.||A few people have taken advantage of lenient company policies regarding __________.|
|2.||__________ we must all now conform to tougher regulations.|
|3.||__________ we are asking all department supervisors to help us enforce these new rules.|
FROM: Assistant Director
Inform your subordinates:
1. Because so many have taken advantage of past leniency, lateness will no longer be
overlooked. Paychecks will be docked as of Monday, March 6.
2. As a result of abuses of employee privileges, which have resulted in exorbitant longdistance telephone bills, any employee caught making a personal call will be subject to disciplinary action.
As supervisors, you will be required to enforce these new regulations.
From: Wanda Hatch, Assistant Director
Unfortunately, a few people have taken advantage of lenient company policies
regarding lateness and personal phone calls. As a result, we must all now conform to tougher regulations.
Please inform the members of your department that:
1. Beginning Monday, March 6, the paychecks of employees who are late will be docked.
2. Personal phone calls are no longer permitted.
It is a shame that the abuses of a few must cost the rest of us. But we are asking all department supervisors to help us enforce these new rules.
|1.||Why did the assistant director issue a memo to all department supervisors?|
|2.||What does the memo say about lateness?|
|3.||What does the assistant director want all department supervisors to do?|
|1.||Which memo version do you think is better? Why?|
|2.||If you were to receive Version 1 of the memo above, how would you feel?|
|3.||When do heads/managers/directors usually issue a memo?|
FROM: Branch Director
Tell your subordinates:
1. Because our customers complained about many of our employees taking too long to respond to e-mails, distractions such as the use of mobile phones, listening to music and checking of Facebook will no longer be allowed.
2. Because many of our employees spend more than one hour for their lunch break,
any employee who comes to work late from lunch will be considered on a half-day.
As department managers, you have to enforce these new regulations.